Sunday, March 28, 2010

WeAviNG RuFflEs

I'm weaving still...
not on cardboard this time...
...it's a 4 harness floor loom : )
Warp threads look pretty cool, eh?
Hem stitch... with a little variation...

I cut out some of the warp threads,
and where I did, the fabric weft looks like it is shirred!
Coolio!
The weave structure is called
Rep Weave, or Ripsmatta (Swedish)
...like my Grandma.

Going for a little twill structure... pretty subtle...
and a little eyelash yarn!
...some of the colours are a little weird here
photos taken on a Nintendo DSi

just a tad grainy.. lol
: )

2 comments:

  1. SO cool!! I love the texture to this. I think I would find it fun to weave stuff like this. Ahh... so many textile things I've never even tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Yvonne! Yes, the possibilities for creativity with weaving are so grand. I learned to weave in my twenties, and now I'm giving it some of my time again. I want to experiment with weaving and combine it with other fibre arts, and mixed media. : ) My stash awaits. lol

    ReplyDelete