Saturday, April 10, 2010

RiBbOn & bEaDs & mEsH

Spring is coming!
The buds are coming
into bloom.
Ruffles
ribbons and
bows..
that's what life is.
Some smooth
..others tattered.
All wonderfully
serving a purpose.

I worked on this
piece quite a while ago
for the Port Moody
Wearable Art Show.
I'm not sure I've
posted these pictures
here before.

I dug them out for
someone,
so I thought I'd
share. ; )
Lot's of fun
it was!
: )

An 85 year old customer
quoted the following poem
to me yesterday
in my studio.
(she called it a "field of love")
How right on she is!


Out beyond ideas of

wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,

the world is too full to talk about.

Ideas, language, even the phrase each other

doesn't make any sense.



From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks

Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment