Monday, April 5, 2010

sOcKs 'n fLoWeRs

I learned to knit
when I was
about 12.
Mrs. Clay
taught me.
She was patient
and kind.
She taught me to make
angel food cake too
from scratch.
(of course)
I started knitting
a pair of socks
this winter.
My first.
I'm doing an
after thought
heel.
That means
the heel
can be ripped out

and re-knit
when it wears out.
That's my grandma's
influence on me,
I think.
Maybe my mom's.
She lived through
the depression too.
Here,
I am

working out
an original
decrease.
Snugging my toes
in as snug
as bugs in a rug.
lol

2 comments:

  1. OOh, nice sock!! I'm envious as I haven't learned socks yet. When I do, I'll be coming to you for help with the "afterthought heel". That sounds like a great idea, especially after spending $$ and time on nice socks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yvonne. The sock has been an interesting journey...: ) I loved it. And socks are so portable... simple other than the heel, but even then not that complicated. I'm hoping I can pull off another sock to match the first... or I'll just have one warm foot. lol I'd be happy to help you when you get to socks. : )

    ReplyDelete